Web Host Chat - The UK's host forum since 2001!
RECOMMENDED HOSTS
Colocation Rack Services
UK Web & Reseller Hosting
UK Leased Lines
VMWare Cloud Servers
Advertise here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recommendations for merchant account & gateway

  1. #1
    Array

    Recommendations for merchant account & gateway

    Hi guys

    looking for advice on best online merchant account and what gateway to use for credit card payments in whmcs

    needs to have token support to offload PCI-dss
    allow card details to be entered into Cart page
    suppirt recurring charges by whmcs

  2. #2
    132 rating
    23 reviews
    Posts 13826
    Post rank 1 (0)
    Array
    We use Stripe and the ServerPing Stripe module for WHMCS.

    The Stripe system works well, but their support isn't great and the rates aren't the best, particularly for debit cards.
    Freethought Internet
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

  3. #3
    Posts 836
    Post rank 44 (77)
    Array
    Going through the Federation of Small Businesses, you can get good rates for Streamline+WorldPay -- I've used this with another business and it worked well. Going through FSB means you can ask them to review your rates every year, which has helped.

  4. #4
    Array
    We've been using Sagepay for PGP and Steamline (now Worldpay) settling for over a decade. The rates are the lowest around if you can show volume without chargeback, but that takes time and the setup requires onsite signage / verification.

  5. #5
    Array
    Thanks for the suggestions. Stripe looks good.
    Transaction cost isnt a major concern. Lack of monthly fees is better.

    I was going to use sagepay but they charged me for 4 months while out account was still in test mode so wasnt too impressed with that. Also they leaked my email address in a mass mail out. Not good for a company that needs to be secure!

  6. #6
    132 rating
    23 reviews
    Posts 13826
    Post rank 1 (0)
    Array
    Stipe are quite good when it comes to other fees - no monthly fee, no refund fee, no failed charge fee, if you win a chargeback dispute you don't pay a fee.
    Freethought Internet
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

  7. #7
    Array
    It has been years we're using 2checkout.com and they do pretty well. No setup/monthly fees, but they take 2.4+30c from each transaction.
    Easy-to-integrate.
    cPanel Web Hosting from €2.99 /mo. | VPS Hosting from €7.99 /mo. | Powerful Dedicated Servers from €59.95 /mo.

    Check our customer reviews at Trustpilot

    EURO-SPACE
    - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007
    [email protected] | +46 8 52 503 785 | Viks Västergård 1, 64393 Vingåker, Sweden

  8. #8
    132 rating
    23 reviews
    Posts 13826
    Post rank 1 (0)
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
    It has been years we're using 2checkout.com and they do pretty well. No setup/monthly fees, but they take 2.4+30c from each transaction.
    Easy-to-integrate.
    Do you not find their backend admin interface completely unusable though?

    We bought a business who were using 2Checkout and getting any kind of information out it is like pulling teeth. The search system just doesn't work either!

    It seems to do everything in USD, which is an absolute nightmare for our accounting.

    They also retain part of the payment for a while for fraud/chargeback purposes.

    From our experience with 2Checkout, I don't see why anyone would chose to use it over PayPal.
    Freethought Internet
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

  9. #9
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
    Do you not find their backend admin interface completely unusable though?

    We bought a business who were using 2Checkout and getting any kind of information out it is like pulling teeth. The search system just doesn't work either!

    It seems to do everything in USD, which is an absolute nightmare for our accounting.

    They also retain part of the payment for a while for fraud/chargeback purposes.

    From our experience with 2Checkout, I don't see why anyone would chose to use it over PayPal.
    Well, we don't have any issues with the admin interface and search is also behaving well if you enter correct date intervals, or just do not enter anything in those fields.
    You can accept multiple currencies from buyers and also get funds by wire in your local currency, but yes they do accumulate in USD, and fraud check reserve is for 90 days, after that you're getting that money.
    The advantage is, they're working in all countries, while PayPal doesn't, and they also have nice recurring billing system.
    cPanel Web Hosting from €2.99 /mo. | VPS Hosting from €7.99 /mo. | Powerful Dedicated Servers from €59.95 /mo.

    Check our customer reviews at Trustpilot

    EURO-SPACE
    - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007
    [email protected] | +46 8 52 503 785 | Viks Västergård 1, 64393 Vingåker, Sweden

  10. #10
    132 rating
    23 reviews
    Posts 13826
    Post rank 1 (0)
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
    Well, we don't have any issues with the admin interface and search is also behaving well if you enter correct date intervals, or just do not enter anything in those fields.
    The search just doesn't work - for example, search for active recurring payments and it doesn't show anything, but go and manually look them up by transaction ID and you can find them...

    Quote Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
    You can accept multiple currencies from buyers and also get funds by wire in your local currency, but yes they do accumulate in USD, and fraud check reserve is for 90 days, after that you're getting that money.
    We charge in GBP, they then account for it all in USD in the back end before depositing back to our bank account in GBP.

    Quote Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
    The advantage is, they're working in all countries, while PayPal doesn't, and they also have nice recurring billing system.
    Their recurring system is just as bad as PayPal's "subscription" system.
    Freethought Internet
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

  11. #11
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
    The search just doesn't work - for example, search for active recurring payments and it doesn't show anything, but go and manually look them up by transaction ID and you can find them...



    We charge in GBP, they then account for it all in USD in the back end before depositing back to our bank account in GBP.



    Their recurring system is just as bad as PayPal's "subscription" system.
    Strange.. if you delete dates, leave all fields blank and just check Active Recurrings , search result normally shows all our recurring sales, no issues.

    Maybe you'd contact them to upgrade backoffice?
    cPanel Web Hosting from €2.99 /mo. | VPS Hosting from €7.99 /mo. | Powerful Dedicated Servers from €59.95 /mo.

    Check our customer reviews at Trustpilot

    EURO-SPACE
    - Reliable Hosting Solutions Since 2007
    [email protected] | +46 8 52 503 785 | Viks Västergård 1, 64393 Vingåker, Sweden

  12. #12
    132 rating
    23 reviews
    Posts 13826
    Post rank 1 (0)
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-space View Post
    Strange.. if you delete dates, leave all fields blank and just check Active Recurrings , search result normally shows all our recurring sales, no issues.

    Maybe you'd contact them to upgrade backoffice?
    Nah, we just moved everything to our normal merchants (PayPal and Stripe) who are able to operate their backend systems vaguely competently.
    Freethought Internet
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

  13. #13
    Array
    I looked at 2Checkout but found a few issues.

    1. They dont support purchase of VoIP credit. In fact any kind of TopUP
    2. Their integration into whmcs is nasty. Redirects off to a 2co page which I dont like.
    3. The everything in Dollars issue. I expect there is extra loss here in exchange rate charges/differences?

    Stripe seems great. Have tried it on one of our sites that we were not going to bother with card payments due to costs involved with other merchants but worth it with stripe as no monthly fees/setup etc. This site was using the standard Modern cart with brief moduifications that I could move over and got working within hour or so.

    Will take a bit longer with our main site as it has custom templates but shouldnt be too bad. Would pay serverping for their service if their support wasnt closed till 9th september and im impatient!

  14. #14
    Registered User Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-HT View Post
    ...Stripe looks good... I was going to use sagepay... ...Not good for a company that needs to be secure!
    Hi Joe-HT, possibly worth bearing in mind if you are comparing Stripe with Sagepay that Stripe does not offer 3D Secure if you concerned about that sort of thing.

  15. #15
    34 rating
    1 review
    Posts 9086
    Post rank 49 (-32)
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe-HT View Post
    needs to have token support to offload PCI-dss
    allow card details to be entered into Cart page
    I assume you mean in to your WHMCS cart page? If so then you've still got a lot of PCI-DSS to deal with, it isn't exclusive to storing, it's "if you process, transmit or store"
    Karl Austin :: Owner :: KDA Web Services Ltd. :: UK Web Hosting and Servers
    0800 542 9764 :: Company: 04114724 :: VAT: GB 842 9597 81
    "Individual Solutions for Individual Customers" :: Facebook :: Twitter

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1